Friday, March 25, 2011

Anniversaries

Tomorrow is a big day for me.

Tomorrow marks a very significant day in my life.

A year ago tomorrow, I had a nervous breakdown.

I couldn't say those words at the time. Corporate America doesn't like them. They suggest weak and sick and insane.

What they suggested to me was that I was in a toxic environment (for me at least) and needed to get the hell out.

It took me almost a full year to get out - and only then by force.

But here I am, a year later and exponentially happier. I have friends. I have a dream. I have a vibrant, loving and quirky community that supports and accepts and admires me. I have time to collect shells amidst sleet and contemplate trees from the edge of a hillside.

There are so many things I couldn't have done this without. But the Universe gave me those gifts. And I am so very grateful.

It's been my mantra for so long it's almost become trite. But it's moments like this that it takes shape and becomes an entity in its own right. Step into the flow of Grace and all will be Good.

Om Shanti.