Monday, September 14, 2009

Decisions Decisions Decisions

This morning I got up when the alarm went off. I was still ridiculously tired and practically fell asleep on the way to the gym. But to the gym I made it -- and worked out I did. The Group Power instructor informed me in no way was I welcome in her class -- probably a wise decision -- but I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, a few reps of moderate weights and some stretching.

On the train ride into Boston I fell asleep.

Does this tell me something? Probably. Is it a lesson I will learn? Probably not.

GoodBuddy told me today, "This is not a case where more pain = more gain". He's right I should know that; should embody that. I'm having a hard time.I do know that twists hurt, that lunging = not so good but that standing forward bend (uttanasan) felt REALLY good, as long as I took it slow.

I also know that I am on the brink of ordering tickets (one way) to Clemson for Family Week to hang out w/ GoodBuddy and son. There are so many emotional issues with this that I cannot begin to list them all. It's probably wise that I don't go. But I probably will. What does that tell you?

Details, I guess, at 11.