Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beware the Bitter Brigade

So, it's week two of CBL's "living in Boston" deal. And she has yet to spend a full day in the office.

Yes, I know she's had trauma of the disciplinary kind. Yes, I know she's had trauma of the real estate kind. Yes, I know she's had trauma of the insurance kind.

I really don't give a fuck.

I'm sorry, but I'm really bitter right now.

She has put me and so many of my colleagues through torment with the insistence that "everything needs to be done yesterday and these eight things are priority number one." And now that she has other things going on in her life, she has been completely unreachable for SIX DAYS.

Not that I mind that I am now wholly and independenty responsible for the projects that I can actually deliver on. it just feels so hypocritical of her. We're supposed to answer our phones on nights and weekends and New Years Eve (I kid you not!) yet she's decided that she's above that. It's the double standard that's driving me crazy.

So, tonight, knowing that she won't be in the office and despite the fact that my colleague is flying in from London for the entire rest of the week, I have poured myself a cocktail. I might even pop in a little DVD action and stay up way past my bedtime. Sure, I'll regret it in the morning, but right now it feels a bit like me taking back my life.

Yeah, I know. Textbook psychotherapy reaction. Ah well.