Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Costly Play Kales

So, I sat on my hands most of the day at work. Or, as ArmyFedExBoy would say, sat around with my thumb up my ass.

I mean, not really. I did manage to finish the plot outline for my NaNoWriMo novel. All 8 pages of it. I hope that doesn't constitute cheating and the flying guilt monkeys come for me....

But, for the most part, I stared at a computer screen all day with NOTHING productive to do. So I decided I would head out uber early (read 3:45) to catch one last yoga class with AwesomeYogaTeacher. But, the guilt monkeys did come to get me and I went to check in with one of the Veeps before I left.

Act 1 Scene 1: Kalesy knocks timidly on Veeps closed door. She has already decided to lie. "Um, I have to run out and grab the keys to my new apartment before the rental agency closes."

Veep: "Okay. Did A come talk to you about the pitch for BigCompany?"

Kalesy: "No. Should I have been looking for him?"

Veep: "No. It's a letter or email campaign. Or something. I don't have the details yet. But swing by after you come back from getting your keys and we can walk through it."

DOH!

Damn those flying guilt monkeys. I bet if I hadn't checked in, no one would have noticed me missing. Still, on the off chance they would have, probably a good thing I didn't leave. Besides, now I have something to do tomorrow. Yippee!

So, I missed yoga. I did run 4 miles on the treadmill at my new gym. Not quite the same, but it does help ease the jitters out.

And other eventful things happened, which I will blog about later - or not. The net/net is, it's 8:46 and all is well with The Universe.