Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Royale with Cheese

This makes me sad. Even though McDonalds was my first employer, and even though a MickyD's chicken sandwich with BBQ sauce will be the first thing I eat if I ever fall of the veghead bandwagon, it truly saddens me that their profits are rising while a frighteningly large number of people don't know what my "Eat More Kale" bumper sticker means. (Hint: It's not dirty. It's a leafy grean, people, with lots of iron for us gals...)

I have a lot more to say on that topic, coupled with the passage of the recent Farm Bill (shame on you Dems!) and, of course, this article on why it's just not as simple as eating locally, shopping at a farmers' market, or belonging to a CSA. I have a lot more to say, but I won't bore you.

Not to mention, Napolean is in town and its only a matter of time before he sneaks up behind my cube and says, "Whacha doin?"